Do you have a plumbing problem? Are you looking for the best plumber Brackenfell and surrounds have to offer?
Plumb Leak Cape are plumbers based in the northern suburbs of Cape Town and specialise in minor or major plumbing problems as well as leak detection.
In this article, we talk about common plumbing problems and the impact they have on our homes and our water usage.
Bathroom plumbing problems
Whether you need to call your plumber out to your home once a year or only once every 3 years, it goes without saying that every household faces bathroom plumbing problems at some point.
Generally speaking, the amount of plumbing issues that you experience depends largely on the age of your home.
Other than major plumbing problems which cause extensive damage to your home and its structure, there are various, more common plumbing problems which can occur.
Although these are generally minor plumbing problems, they can cause enormous amounts of water to be wasted. Due to our current water shortage across South Africa, it has become our biggest priority to save every drop and to prevent unnecessary wasting of water.
Here are 7 of the most common plumbing problems
- Running toilets – you may be experiencing underlying toilet plumbing problems which cause your toilet to continue running after you have flushed it. Running toilets can use up to 700 litres of water a day
- Low water pressure – this is a common symptom of a leaking pipe. Sometimes this is resolvable by replacing your showerhead but often, it is more serious and requires professional attention
- Dripping taps – a major water waster and will ultimately cost you a higher water bill at the end of the month. This is a relatively simple problem to fix and should be done as soon as possible
- Leaking pipes – noticing wet spots on your wall or ceiling? This is an obvious indicator of leaking pipes. If left unattended, this plumbing problem can cause major damage to your home so getting it fixed should be priority
- Leaking hose bib – hose bibs that are unprotected during the winter months can crack as weather begins to warm up in summer. Invest in a frost-proof hose bib to prevent this from causing unnecessary leaks
- Geyser is not heating fast enough – this is a sign of age or lack of maintenance. Furthermore, water wastage happens as the water is left to run while you wait for hot water to become available
- Clogged drains – Clogged drains can be resilient and off the shelf drain cleaners are often not only ineffective but also corrosive
When experiencing one or more of these plumbing problems, it's advised that you contact your plumber as soon as possible to prevent unnecessary water wastage or major damage to the structure of your home.
Plumb Leak Cape – Plumber Brackenfell
For the best plumber Brackenfell has to offer, contact Plumb Leak Cape to find out how we can solve your plumbing problems.